Naas Photography Group (NPG) was started in February 2012. There are currently approx 40 active members. With a broad range of interests ranging from Landscape to Macro.
We meet on the first and third Tuesday of every month in the Town house hotel Newbridge Rd Naas (8pm). Agenda ranges from workshops, competitions, talks etc. etc.
Our emphasis is on the social aspect of photography, the fun element & the things that we learn along the way are an added bonus!
Among the activities we organise are:
- Local outings for members, e.g. Donadea Forest Park, Bray Airshow, The Saltee. Islands, Charity events to name a few.
- Presentations by guest speakers such as well-known local photographers, experienced members from other photographic clubs or from amongst our own membership.
- Competitions amongst our members, each based on a different theme.
- Photographing local events
- Organising local exhibitions
- Attendance at events/presentations organised by other local photographic societies.
We run internal competitions on a regular basis of various themes and can be prints or projected images
We are affiliated with the Irish Photography Federation which allows us access to a wealth of knowledge of experienced photographers & allows us to enter nationwide competitions.
Membership is open to anyone over 18 – regardless of their level of expertise or what type of camera they have. New members are always welcome.
Membership fees are €30 per year payable from March. This covers insurance and IPF membership.
The club meets every second week with an attendance subscription of €5